Saturday, November 11, 2006

One day ...

An inspirational piece from colfaxrecord.com: "Weimar girl says she'll walk on her own 'one day'"

Story:
California -- When Hope Adrian was first diagnosed with spastic deplegia (stiff legs) Cerebral Palsy, she was too young to understand her condition.

The complications caused damage to Hope's brain when she was born and resulted in the neurological disorder, which she knows all too well today.

"I am able to keep my balance when I walk, the only difference is that I am not able to stop quickly - I have to grab onto something," Hope said. "I can get up on my own too, it just takes a little more effort for me."

Though she doesn't have complete control of her legs, Hope doesn't let it slow her down too much.

She is active during recess at school and participates in soccer, karate, gymnastics and Girl Scouts.

No comments: