Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Confuse-Us speaks #9

If you intend to become "a black belt in something", then I would like to believe it's a bonus (or even a prerequisite) to know what you're actually doing?

I mean, if you aim to be a "black belt" piano player (that is bout one step up from 'Bah, Bah, Black Sheep'), wouldn't you agree it would actually help to play the piano now and then?

After all there is a *slight* difference between "Krotty" (also known as karate) and "Taikwando" (also known as taekwondo). So I suggest that anyone who wishes to be good at karate, actually takes up karate ...

Oh, I almost forgot - I totally agree with the issue here. Keep at it folks!

Story:
My kids and I take karate classes at Dynamic Taekwan-Do in Hollywood.

Without fail, at every belt test, the Sahbum-Nim (Chief Instructor) delivers a short speech in which he reminds parents not to allow their children to flake out, but to make sure they become a black belt in something (regardless of whether that something is Taekwan-Do).

He cautions: If they get to green belt, and then get tired of it and want to quit, then they try piano lessons, but get tired of them and quit, then tennis, then soccer, then something else, you end up raising kids who will never learn to become very good at anything.

Source

No comments: