Sunday, July 30, 2006

Just kinda clicked

It's a sad truth about our society -- young people not realizing the effects of their sometimes loathsome behavior toward their peers.

Now, Brenna McPheron stares right back and marches on, secure in her place in what can too often be a cruel world. Brenna's bigger than all that now, drawing strength, confidence and happiness from an unlikely source.

It's been almost two years since Brenna was introduced to the world of martial arts and the soon-to-be senior at Bald Eagle Area High School swears she doesn't know where she'd be today if her piano teacher -- yes, her piano teacher -- hadn't urged her to try it out.

"She told me, 'I think this would be really good for you,'" Brenna said. "I figured I'd give it a try and then I ended up actually being decent at it. It just kinda clicked, I guess."

Source

No comments: