Friday, May 26, 2006

Keeps you humble

A very true sentiment and common experience!

Story:
Maluafiti-Buendia said the sport (judo) where he fights on the mat has helped him stop fighting off of it.

“This sport keeps you humble,’’ he said. “When people want to fight you on the street, you just leave them alone. We are fighting every day practicing, so why do you want to fight on the street?

It doesn’t make sense. I used to get in fights and not go to class, all the bad things. Judo and wrestling, because I wanted to compete, so I needed the grades, so I had to go to class. It was has really helped me straighten out my life. Plus my friends always tell me to leave it on the mat, so I don’t do it on the street anymore.

“I am a different person now, more relaxed, more quiet. When guys look at me now, I don’t care anymore.’’

Source

No comments: