Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Like the Dr. says!

Can't be said much clearer than this, now can it?

Story:
Riyadh -- Saudi Women have been flocking to a newly established Martial Arts center in the Saudi capital.

Dr. Sara, a Saudi doctor who recently took up Karate at the center, said, “In our society, girls are usually shy and introverted. However, they should be fit and healthy and be confident. Women shouldn’t necessarily learn Karate, but as long as there are no medical restrictions, I think this martial art is most suitable for women.”

Dr Sara adds, “I’m definitely much healthier than before and I have benefited a lot from my Philippine coach. I feel now that I am more fit physically, I am more at peace and I have more confidence. I have gained these traits through the sport and they are important for me as I am a doctor and my occupation requires physical effort.” She wished that she had learnt the sport from a young age. “I have no ambition to reach the Black Belt level, but I would like to reach a reasonable stage of fitness and confidence.”

Source

No comments: