Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Mixed Music Arts"

Couldn't have said it better myself. You would be amazed by the numbers of musicians, painters, dancers, writers etc. who's into martial arts.

Story:
The connection between performing music and training in boxing and martial arts may not seem obvious. But for those who do both, the disciplines are closer than most spectators would imagine.

“I studied music for many years, but coming here has taught me a lot,” musician Dan Hare said, standing in the South Surrey training facilities of the White Rock Boxing Club and The Dragon’s Den Martial Arts.

“There are lots of parallels between this kind of training and being on stage. You have to have the energy, you have to know how to pace yourself – and remember to breathe. I look at myself as an athlete when I’m on stage.”

Source

No comments: