Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Attention!

Here is a truly interesting article regarding ADD and ADHD in children - a must read. Amongst other things it points to the fact that poor nutrition is one of the culprits in many cases that are labeled with ADD or ADHD today.

Now, one of the mothers here is doing karate to lower her stress. Nothing wrong about that - quite the contrary. But it should also be noted that martial arts works wonders for a lot of kids with ADD/ADHD.

Story:
(...) Kathy, whose husband travels often, has also learned she needs to take care of herself. She's become avid about karate, which she calls a lifesaver in lowering stress.

The bursting of the high-tech bubble caused Kathy to be laid off in 2002, but that, she says, was a blessing.

"Having kids with special needs is a full-time job," she says. "I hate to say that, because I know there's a lot of parents with special-need kids and they have to work. But I'm very lucky to stay home. I exercise and take care of myself, so when he comes home from school, I'm ready. And believe me, I have to be ready."

Source

No comments: