Friday, August 04, 2006

"This way, Darcie"

I'm always deeply impressed with people like Darcie here. How about you? Makes our own petty excuses kind of lame, doesn't it?
"I don't have the time." "I'm not in shape." "I'm too old." "I'll think about it." And on and on it goes...

Story:
At a judo class on Sioux City's north side, Darcie Boyok looks just like everyone else.

She does her warm-up stretches just like the other students. She's right there with her classmates when, in one quick movement, they drop from a standing position to roll onto their backs on the floor and then back up into a standing position.

Boyok even looks like the other students as she springs across the room doing a series of front-falling rolls. But now suddenly there is a difference.

Listening you hear a classmate on the other side of the room calling, "This way, Darcie. This way, Darcie."

The classmate is calling to Boyok because Boyok is blind.

Source

No comments: