Monday, August 14, 2006

Tasting own 'medicine'

Canada -- Steven Sheehan was heading to a friend's place in Ottawa Sunday night, looking forward to relaxing over a movie. He wasn't prepared for the strange sight.

There, sitting on the sidewalk next to a bush, was a large, scruffy man, no shirt or shoes. At first glance, it seemed as though the man was talking to himself, but upon further inspection, Mr. Sheehan realized someone was in danger.

Mr. Sheehan had caught the man in the act of mugging a 63-year-old woman. As Mr. Sheehan approached, he saw the attacker punch a fist, twice, into the bush.

"She's in the bush, bleeding, and she's begging me to help. He's claiming it's his mother. I'm like, 'I don't care, you just punched this old woman'," recalled Mr. Sheehan.

The assailant was built like an aging body builder, Mr. Sheehan thought, as the man took off, Mr. Sheehan in pursuit.

"I'm yelling at him, 'I'm gonna kick your ass, I'm gonna kick your ass,' so he stops and swings at me," said Mr. Sheehan, who has training in martial arts and kick boxing.

After a brief fight, the attacker lay on the ground, begging Mr. Sheehan to stop hitting him.

Source

No comments: