Sunday, March 26, 2006

Goodbye Black Belt

Some teachers in England are changing the words of the nursery rhyme "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" to "Baa, Baa Rainbow Sheep" to avoid offending anyone. I wish I was kidding, but it's true.

So, what's going to happen to all the other "black" words, when a reference to a black sheep is somehow seen as racist...?

I guess we have to kiss our black belts goodbye, along with other OBVIOUS racist words such as black eyes, black beens, black bears, black-outs, blackberries, blackjacks, Black Forest, blackbirds, black widows, black giants and blacksmiths.

Not to mention the band Black Sabbath (how about Really Dark Sabbath?). I would like to hear Ozzy's view on this absolutely BRILLIANT suggestion!

Oh, and if you happen to know some of these PC masterminds - would you please tell them to get a life?

Rainbow belts anyone? I think I have to lie down now before I get sick.

The Diaper-Dan (TM) brigade will love it though. "Yippie, more colors, no more black! I want my rainbow belt!"

No comments: