Monday, July 09, 2007

Abuse Victim Speaks Out

UK -- The teenage victim of a paedophile martial arts teacher has spoken out about the abuse he subjected her to in the hope of encouraging others to come forward.

The schoolgirl, who was taught by the karate instructor, said: "If I could talk to other girls in the same position as me I would tell them 'don't hold back. Don't let them walk all over you. Don't let them bribe you'. I did for too long. I wish I had been able to speak to someone about it earlier."

"He was like a second dad to me. Then he took advantage of that. I was battling with it on my own for a few months. The way he treated me gradually changed. It was just little things to start with. He would ask me funny questions."

"He would say something and then forget about it. But I would be like 'hold on, do you know what you just said?' "He didn't tell me to keep quiet, just acted like it was nothing and he'd got amnesia."

Source

No comments: