Saturday, July 21, 2007

Young at Heart

Great going, gentlemen!

Story:
Herbert Mullins of Des Moines, Iowa is 81 years old, although he's not your typical senior citizen. He breaks 1" boards of wood with his fists. Mullins first became interested in martial arts when he was in his 60's.

"My grandson and I went to the 'Y' and he said 'Grandpa, you can't do it'. Now I'm still doing it and he went off to college to find girls," said Mullins. Now, Mullins is a black belt and keeps up a daily martial arts regimen to maintain his health.

"I like the camaraderie, the exercise and agility," said Mullins. "You have to have lots of energy, which I do, as you can tell!"

James Webster of Cape Canaveral, Florida is 70 years old, and has been practicing martial arts for nearly half his life.

Source

No comments: