Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pakistance

Ah yes, the deadly karate stance (Think Inspector Clouseau here) ...

Story:
A would-be thief probably thought his intended victim would cower in terror when he produced a knife with a 12-inch blade and started barking orders.

But the 39-year-old was unmoved. His service in Pakistan's security police - including training in hand-to-hand combat and tackling terrorists - had prepared him well for just such a situation.

The newsagent - who served as a bodyguard to the prime minister of Pakistan - was cashing up just before 9 p.m. on Sunday when the armed robber walked in.

He said: "This man came in and pulled out a knife, which was around a foot long. He pointed it towards me and told me to give him all my money.

"There was £500 in the till and there was no way I was giving him anything. I stood out from behind my counter and took up a karate stance as I had learned with the army."

Source

No comments: