Thursday, June 01, 2006

Just get moving

These two "heavyweights" are having a friendly competition, proving that size isn't that big an issue even in martial arts. The main point is to get going - doing something that can be both fun and worthwhile.

Story:
Their workout styles are different: Vail said he prefers Kempo Karate to a traditional gym.

"I never in my wildest dreams imagined I could survive half of one of these classes. I was 305 pounds the first time I walked in here. This is a joke, I'll come in here, collapse, they'll carry me out of here in an ambulance. That will be it, you know?" he said.

So far, Vail's lost about 30 pounds -- with no ambulance rides. The heavyweights said you can't let large size keep you out of the gym.

"You don't have to be perfect. You don't have to be beautiful to get started. You can come in as you are, do your best," Vail said.

Source

No comments: