Monday, June 19, 2006

Not for girls

Does the expression over-protective ring any bells?
Maybe this precious thing could ruin her nails or mess up her hair/make-up or something?
Martial arts are not for everyone - neither is knitting, golf, race-car driving, eating meat or anything else under the sun...
But do give me a break, please!

Story:
"Maybe when she was in fifth grade, there was a tae kwon do group she was interested in. ... They wanted her to join, so she went to one practice, but I took her out immediately. I saw it was more of a man's sport than something appropriate for a girl. Maybe that was a mistake on my part, but she only did it for a little while."

"Janette is very slim, and I was worried something would happen to her. That was the same concern I had when she wanted to play tennis. Eventually, after saying no, I let her try out for the team."

Source

No comments: