Sunday, October 22, 2006

Confuse-Us speaks #7

I'm at loss for words, I truly am. Maybe someone should begin to tell these people that there is a "slight" difference between tae kwon do and karate? And a 12-year-old second-degree black belt? Good for her! Personally, I think I have to lie down and rest ...

Story:
Note to school bullies: Don't pick a fight with Sarah Keeney.

The 12-year old's small stature belies a talent that she has been developing for most of her life. Since Keeney turned 4 years old and was allowed to register for a class, she has been learning tae kwon do.

Now a second-degree black belt, Keeney said her classmates are careful. "They don't mess with me," Keeney said. "They know I'm a black belt, so they don't ever mess with me."

(This is) a path that Keeney, though still young, has her heart set on. "I'm going to be doing karate until the day I die," she said. "I love karate."

Source

No comments: