Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Killer Closkey"

These stories are truly inspirational!

Story:
Even though the 30-year-old Bayonne resident is confined to a wheelchair, he participates in an activity he always wanted to do, namely studying karate.

"I was a big Bruce Lee fan as a kid and I always wanted to do karate since I was a little boy," Burns said. "I've been going to UCP [United Cerebral Palsy center, located on Kennedy Boulevard in North Bergen] for 26 years now. I asked UCP if they could help me out, see if there was someone who could teach me karate."

Last year, Burns was introduced to Sensei David Tirelli of the Tiger Schulman Karate School in Hackensack.

Last Wednesday morning, Burns, who has been given the name of "Killer Closkey" by Tirelli, got to display some of the techniques he has learned over the past year.

Even though he was in the wheelchair, Burns showed all of the approximately 150 people who attended the UCP of Hudson County's annual VIP Breakfast, held at the Chandelier in Bayonne, exactly what he has learned with Tirelli over the past year.

Source

No comments: