Friday, October 06, 2006

Grappling with Gene

Well written story about "the toughest man alive", "Judo" Gene LeBell. Not one for using praise and positive affirmations it may seem. Like the story indicates: LeBell tells everyone who'll listen that he's a "sadistic bastard". Still, with that pink gi of his, he have to have a great sense of humor! :-)

Story:
The air hangs hot and the room spins like a carnival ride. In the middle of this revolving mess, I can vaguely see a man in a pink gi. Gene LeBell is going to kill me.

I have done many stupid things as a reporter. But none of my previous foolishness prepared me for this.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes, suspicious from the start. "What the hell do you want?" he said. "Yeah, I heard you were coming," he said, voice raspy like gravel rattling down a drain. "I thought you wanted money or something. With that hat, you look like a rabbi."

Source

No comments: