Tuesday, September 09, 2008

81 Soon Black Belt

How cool is this, an 81-year old Canadian man getting ready for his black belt test. He says he's been ready his whole life... :-)

When he was 78, following a heart bypass operation, Peter Rogers took up taekwondo to get back in shape. "I decided I needed something and aerobics was boring," the senior citizen said, according to ctv.ca.

Personally, I couldn't agree with you more Mr Rogers; I would rather watch cows for an hour than do aerobic :-)

The inspirational man, who claims to be "a 60-year-old mind in an 81-year-old body," said his first instructor was "just 15 years old with a shaved head and three earrings".

Mr Bateson and his 79-year-old wife Marie, who also does taekwondo, claim the martial arts have given them something very valuable.

A sweet story, I simply love this stuff.

No comments: