Friday, July 16, 2010

Magnificent Karate Example

I would like to encourage you all to take a few moments to read this moving and inspirational article from thenational.ae.

The article is about the magnificent work done by Mr Hosam Ayyad. Ayyad sensei is the head of the Japan Karate Association in Jordan and a much respected teacher of martial arts.

You can not be anything but deeply impressed with and inspired by the work Mr Ayyad puts forward for helping children with disabilities.

Mr Ayyad has dedicated 18 years of his working life to teaching children karate, those suffering physical and mental disabilities in particular.

Over a period of 18, years, Mr Ayyad has taught more than 1,000 physically and mentally challenged kids, many of whom come from underprivileged families.

I have said it before and I'll gladly say it again: This, to me, is what martial arts really is all about. I respectfully salute you Ayyad sensei.

No comments: