Thursday, September 13, 2007

Klodeckeln-Do

Sure, this is a great feat, and I'm confident this is a great guy, but still... I'm always left with sort of a pressing question, a simple: why?

Even though one can pee on electric fences doesn't automatically make it a brilliant idea to do it... The late, great Bruce Lee probably said it best when he talked about why he didn't break boards: "Boards don't hit back".

Story:
41-year-old Kevin Shelley from Indianapolis is a fourth-degree black belt in taekwondo. He can probably defend himself against a lot: muggers, troublemakers, now even the occasional wayward toilet.

The Carmel personal trainer credited his technique in a successful quest to set a Guinness Book of Records mark by using his head to break 46 wooden toilet seat lids in 60 seconds.

Shelley recently appeared on a live, German version of the "Guinness World Records" television show to compete for the world record in breaking "klodeckeln" (wooden toilet seat lids) with his head.

He broke 46 of the lids in 60 seconds; his opponent - a martial arts expert from Hamburg, Germany - broke 41. The previous 60-second record was 30.

Source: The Indianapolis Star
Read more martial arts stories at: your-martial-arts-resources.com

2 comments:

Kevin Shelley said...

Hey,

This is about me. I am Kevin Shelley.

I stumbled across this site when looking for a story about me.

To answer your question...Why?.... It is quite simple: Because I can't sing and dance. :)

Television is fun, and the trips and money for doing stunts like this is well worth it to me. It's not something I take seriously (I've always loved the BL quote from Enter the Dragon). It's just a fun, harmless (when done correctly), show-offy good time.

Be well,
Kevin Shelley
www.MySpace.com/KevinShelley

martial Arts Sources said...

Thanks for dropping by Kevin!

And the best of luck to you with your martial arts.

Kind regards,
Tobjorn