Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Gift of Martial Arts

Columnist Doug Giles is offering some great thoughts and pieces of advice in a recent article ('Give Your Daughter the Gift of Martial Arts') in townhall.com.

He has realised - and taken action upon - a vitally important thing. He says: "(...) In my family, I am alpha dog: provider, protector, hunter, and hero. I do, sadly, realize that I am not omnipresent and that my daughters are going to have to rely upon themselves as the first line of defense."

Subsequently, Mr Giles has provided his daughters with the martial arts gift from an early age. Needless to say, I couldn't agree more. If only more parents realised how proper martial arts can benefit young boys and girls...

If you're interested, you may read more about the topic at Squidoo:
Martial Arts Gifts and Children's Martial Arts.

No comments: