Sunday, December 14, 2008

More Politics

In a recent post we had a look at one of the negative effects of the politics within the martial arts.

December 13, John Kitch of Wales, UK wrote a letter to the editor, published in walesonline.co.uk - the article was called 'Give my son a fighting chance in karate'. The boy's father wrote, amongst other things:

"We have seen many incidents of politics in sport and I'm deeply concerned that this has spread to karate."

"It's my understanding that the chairman of the Welsh Karate Governing Body (WKGB) is to face disciplinary action."

"The WKGB is the only body recognised by the Sports Council for Wales, and my concern is that, as the parent of an up-and-coming karate student (...), my son's association has been temporarily suspended."

No comments: