Friday, September 25, 2009

Religious Nutcases

From trueslant.com (Holy Sh**, It Really Is A Holy War):

"In 2003, I became obsessed with a nearby taekwondo school that was also a fundamentalist Christian 'mission.' I myself have been a student, instructor, and competitor in taekwondo for some time and it just never occurred to me that roundhouse kicks could be used in the name of Jesus."

"I don't know if it was Divine intervention or just a serious sense of the perverse that made me go and spend an evening with them, but I went and what I found out that night changed my life. It scared the s*#t out of me."

Oh, not because I realized I was a sinner and need to be saved. I've made my peace with hell as my future residence a long time ago. But because these people were not just kicking for Christ, but they were clearly very much a part of a larger military-sponsored mission to convert soldiers to fundamentalist Christianity."

No comments: