Friday, October 19, 2007

No Intention of Stopping Now

Here we have an inspirational piece from dunmow-broadcast.co.uk.

Richard has Down syndrome, and has been training 9 years to achieve his black belt. If only all students had the warrior spirit and endurance that this young man clearly shows - way to go Richard!

Story:
UK -- Downs syndrome sufferer Richard Clark, of Farmadine, Saffron Walden, has defied the odds by achieving Shodan (black belt) rank on his first attempt.

Richard's devotion to the sport is demonstrated by the fact he has been training for nine years, and he has no intention of stopping anytime soon.

He said: "I would like to get my 3rd Dan, so I can teach karate myself, and that's likely to take me another five years.

"After that I will just continue my journey until I become a master. That is 10th Dan and will take me the rest of my life."

No comments: