Monday, April 02, 2007

Captivated

Here's a great piece by Rebecca Coales, about the benefits of doing TKD in Korea - benefits besides doing martial arts.

Story:
"When a friend back home in England suggested that I try taekwondo while in Korea, I laughed. 'I don't even like kung-fu movies,'' I said, 'so why would I want to learn a martial art?'' I wasn't an obvious candidate for learning taekwondo when I moved to Korea to teach English.

But one week into my new job, I joined my preschool taekwondo class at a local gym, raising giggles as I wheezed my way through the warm-up activities.

Despite feeling exhausted, I was captivated by the vibrant and friendly atmosphere and signed up a few months later with two foreign co-workers and a Korean friend.

Five months on, I'm in no doubt that learning Korea's national sport has made my time here one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences of my life."

Source

No comments: