Friday, April 28, 2006

Commanding nut case

I thought I'd heard and seen it all.
Luckily I was wrong!

And I'll readily admit it: I'm breaking one of my own rules here - never to speak negative about any form of martial art. Hope you all can forgive me - you see, I consider this to be bad comedy, and not anywhere close to martial art.

The way I see it is that you have great comedy, good comedy and ok comedy. Then you have comedy that is good because it is so totally bad. Then, you get to comedy that is past this point - it is so bad that it is plain and simply B.A.D. And then, way down the point of not funny, you have stuff like this...

Here's a (probably) mad, far out close cousin of Ashida Kim (the 'I remain' guy, as in 'I remain totally lost'); or maybe it's the same guy?

Best/worst part: Some people actually buy into (aka. actually pay for) this stuff/fluff.
American ninja? Nightbreed system? Training with your feet in boxes?
If you ever wonder why some still look at you like you're from another solar system, when you tell them you're doing martial arts - here's the answer.

Story:
Down this gloomy stretch of road in North Royalton, where auto-body shops flank both sides of the road like competing fast-food chains, the best fighters in the world train to be killers.

The only identifier is a small logo -- the sign for an eclipse, framed by cross-hairs -- on a gray metal door on the side of the Right Wrench Auto Service. Upstairs is Nightbreed Tactical Combat Academy.

In this dingy room, one man has single-handedly created the most advanced fighting system in the world, aptly named "Combat Skills." There's no need here for any fancy chang-fu talk.

Source

No comments: