Friday, April 14, 2006

Competitive competitors

Wouldn't karate competitions (or any other competition) be so much easier if people wasn't so darned competitive. I mean, why can't they just let me win? And also, the referees always make things difficult for me (and my team)!

Hmmm, I do wonder if I've heard this tune before?

My shoes were too big, small, new, old.
My uniform was too big, small, new, old.
The hall was too big, small, new, old, warm, cold.
There was no food, drink, support, air, coaching, information, time to warm up.
The mat was too hard, soft, slippery, dry, too far away.
The referee was blind, predetermined, too young, old, soft, hard.
The opponent was too hard, experienced, inexperienced, heavy, young, old, pushy, aggressive, loud, smelly.
I was having a bad day, unlucky, tired, too tense, in the wrong division.
I couldn't find my bananas, mouth-piece, cup, belt, score-card, team members, mat, locker room etc.

Story:
"It was really tough at the Ontario finals this year, because the referees aren't always on your side and the competitors are obviously very competitive," said Cole.

Source

No comments: