Thursday, April 20, 2006

Web pages that suck

Does your martial arts school or organization have a web site? I hope so. Today, more and more people are using the Web to search for all kinds of services - training included.

And believe me - people judge quality based on appearance. They don't know you or your school/organization yet, so they have to base their impression on what they see and hear.

And why am I mentioning this here?

Simply because webpagesthatsuck.com has chosen a martial arts website as 'The Worst Web Page In The World for April 18, 2006'.

Luckily it's not one of mine, because I would probably have died of shame.

Webpagesthatsuck.com goes on to state: "Martial arts schools are YAITS -- Yet Another Industry That Sucks at web design. I personally dislike the blue links on the black background."

Shame on us! Building a really great, top-of-the-line website takes skill and hard work. For professional results you would need a pro 9 times out of 10.

On the other hand - avoiding the basic pitfalls (read: disasters) is very easy. So why build something that sucks?

Beats me...

No comments: