Monday, April 10, 2006

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

This is genuine respect - not the kind that some people demand to have: "I Want you to respect me!" Respect is never the same as fear!

And yes, we can respect a person and still disagree with their thoughts, words and actions.

Story:
He's been called the most dangerous man on the planet. In the world of no-holds-barred Extreme Fighting, his nickname is the "The Pitbull."

But Ralph Gracie, a Brazilian jujitsu master and Extreme Fighting champion, has made it his mission to promote an alternative to violence for young people.

"I don't want to make them feel different than the others," he said. "I don't want to point out that the kid was a drug kid. We try to get them to blend in."

He offers them one very important thing, he said. "I show them that I respect them," Gracie said. "When you respect somebody, they respect you back."

Source

No comments: